What a lovely Christmas present. Thank you so much Ink ’em Down for nominating me! You are kind and more than dear. Do visit Ink ’em Down for a diverse blog filled with creative writing, science galore and delicious quotes.
The rules first:
Now answering Ink ’em Down‘s questions:
1. Pet peeve? Dishonesty
2. Panda or Penguin? Panda. I am all about content.
3. If dinosaurs still existed, which would you keep as a pet? And why? Microceratops, and only because its size MAY be manageable. 🙂
4. Personal mantra? Respect all.
5. Who was your best boss? A man that believed in me forty-five years ago and often stated I could do anything. His words roll about in my head to this day.
6. If you weren’t in the profession that you are/were, which profession would you have chosen? Artist
7. One piece of advice to people younger than you? View yourself through the day as an observer. Do you love the person you are watching?
8. British education or American education? American. It is the only education I have known. Sufficient in some areas and perfection in others. My opportunities to grow within it have been extraordinary.
9. A time when you were kind to someone. Ah … kindness … so much stronger when not spoken of.
10. Something related to health/wellness/fitness that you strongly advocate? My strongest advocacy would be toward wellness of the mind, and how that associates with health and fitness of the body. That said, wellness of the mind is commonly found in those who may not be visually “fit.” The most beautiful mind I ever encountered was honed on the anvil of chronically difficult experiences … living a life of acceptance and continuously rising above. We humans are wonders, and when such strength of mind is demonstrated … my heart sings.
11. If you could rid the world of one disease, what would it be? This has turned into a question my mind is running from. When life has been lived fully and with fair longevity, many diseases have been encountered, either in the caregiving process or self-experience. Many different forms of cancer, HIV/AIDS, heart disease, diabetes, etc. Each dreadful and worthy of being the primary one to be eradicated. I choose a form of cancer that may bring the patient’s pain to a place of non-response to morphine. They scream in agony with little to no reprieve. My choice is bone cancer.
*Curtains opening to reveal the nominees*
And the nominees are:
Questions for the nominees are:
1. How important is spirituality in your life?
2. Where does your happiness come from?
3. Do you feel the divine in others?
4. What are your perceptions of self?
5. How do you want to be remembered?
Have a good time with this, my nominees. If you have the time … take the time. If not, no worries. Just enjoy the award. ❤